WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Monticello better late than never

I have missed blogging and sharing with all of you.  As I said in my last blog from the road my husband and I traveled up to Canada and then to Washington for the holidays.  Now that I am finally home I can post the pics I took of Monticello at Christmas time, when we stopped on our way up to Canada.







I am always inspired by the trinkets, gadgets and whatnot's that Annie Fannie and Abigail have to offer as seen in the pics above.


This was the stores front display







Worthy Goods with creamy neutrals as far as the eye could see...



And now on to the main attraction:  Monticello Christmas in the Salvage Garden














Burlap and Bling


The letters in this box are from wwII.  Written from a young man to his parents and to his wife during the war.  My Shabby Roses  found these letters as a part of an estate sale.  Needless to what a treasure after my recent post of the lost art of writing letters.  I wish I could have taken them all, needless to say several bunches came home with me.  I will definitely be doing a post about my letters sometime in the future, after I have discovered what treasures the letters hold. 



A special thanks to Joyce the manager of the store and the creator of this beautiful space above, for taking the time to talk to me.  Monticello is such an inspiring place, my only regret is that I don't live closer. 

No comments: