WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, March 26, 2011

No Place Like Home


My husband and I just returned home from another road trip for his business, and boy am I glad to be home.  You know one of those trips that makes you think...Hmmm.. were we supposed to go on this trip.  So many things went wrong.  The weather was so bad, snow, sleet, torrential downpours, flooding, accidents (and that was just the drive getting there).  Then the hotel stay could not have been worse, I will not mention where (but it is a very nice establishment that we have stayed at many times), but for whatever reason things just kept going wrong, noises from the pipes making noises til 2:am (janitors in our room trying to fix the problem) because the hotel was completely sold-out, and by then we were too tired to go anywhere else.  We ate out at one of our favorite restaurants (again, won't say where) but by the next day we were both so... sick I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to go anywhere for a while.  The one highlight was that I got to see a girlfriend that I have know since high school and hang-out with her, we had a great time catching up.  I could go on about the other craziness but I won't, it just made me so glad to arrive home last night, sleep in my own bed and just be in the comfort of my own home.  Thank you Lord, for showing me so many ways to be thankful for what we do have, we cannot take things for granted.  I forgot my camera at home, otherwise I would have had some pics to share, but suffice it to say, somethings are better left unseen.  This stuff may seem so trivial to some of you right now, and IT IS I know, but sometimes we just need to share our experiences with others.  I hope you are having a great Saturday.

No comments: