WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, October 11, 2010

Continuing North to Tacoma and Sumner Washington

While staying with my husbands family in Tacoma I remembered happening upon an old antique mall almost 8 years prior, I was reminded of it when browsing an antique publication.  I decided to make the trip over to Pacific Run Antiques.  It was like stepping back in time, it was just as I remembered it.  The minute I walked in I met a precious women named Joan.  She shared her age was 77 and she was as hip and spry as they come, she was truly a pleasure to meet.  She volunteers her time there and loves every minute of it.  When I asked her if I could take pics of the shop for my blog she immediately said "yes" and knew exactly what blogging was all about. People never cease to amaze me.  Below is a pic of Joan in her antique booth holding one of the many purchases I made that day.    Traveling and meeting people like Joan are to me what this world is all about.

Mon Chateau chic magnifique
had beautiful linens and shabby chic furniture




She Sells SeaShells
she had cute little bags of ephemera

I'm a sucker for old Bibles & Books
not to mention old photographs
though it makes me a little sad to think they are no longer with the family for one reason or another

Next up Sumner, Washington.  I had only been to Sumner once before but I loved it, so I decided to go back.  The Main St. holds so many great shops.  The first shop that caught my eye was North Light Interiors, the storefront was so inviting it begged me to come inside.  I'm so sorry that my pics just don't do justice to this remarkable store.  But the ladies who run it certainly will understand because they were so gracious to me.  Juleen and christine run this amazing design and architect business.  Juleen took the time to show me some of her latest design projects, I was mesmerized. 
this entry table was made by Juleen out of old barnwood and a vintage door.
An elegant reproduction pedestal and a vintage glass door make for a beautiful pairing of old and new
so many layers of textiles, patterns and colors

and these are the two lovely ladies themselves
The talent these two women have is truly remarkable so if you live nearbye or are visiting downtown Sumner, this is not a place to be missed.  Juleen shared with me the stores claim to fame is that they opened the day the market crashed, but she also said "They are blessed enough to still be in business". 

Next was Today's Country Store They have everything vintage chic you can think of.  I didn't get to meet the owners of the store because they were off on a buying trip. But thank you to the friend running the shop who graciously allowed me pics for my blog. 


Next Stop Folk Art Gatherings . An entire store of country primitives and folkart.  It is owned by a lady named Luann.  I met her and her helper Lisa in the store the day I visited.  My mother in law loves this store.  She wishes that it was closer to her home in Tacoma, but she is willing to make the drive to get those special touches for her own home. 
That concludes my trip to Sumner, but stay tuned as I head southeast to the quaint town of Camas, Washington. 


No comments: